ABOUT THE AWARD
This award, sponsored by the Texas A&M Black Former Student Network, is given to up-and-coming current and former students aged 30 and under who embody Aggie core values and display continual growth. Individuals recognized are emerging leaders in their profession or the Aggie community and demonstrate a desire to pay it forward to current students and future Aggies.
Nominees are to be accomplished and distinct in the following areas:
- Achievement in profession, academics, or other worthy endeavor
- Service to society/community
- Service to, or continuing interest in, the African-American (Black) community of Texas A&M University
To be an eligible nominee, the person must be:
- A first-time recipient of this award
- A former or current student of Texas A&M University aged 30 or under
Nominations can be made posthumously. Members of the BFSN Executive Board and the Award Selection Committee are not eligible for consideration.
For the 2023 Aggie Impact Gala Weekend, nominations will open on May 15th and end on August 2nd. Nominations can be submitted by anyone, including self-nomination.
The Black Former Student Network (BFSN) will provide the Nomination Form online in a digital format. The following documents are required to be submitted in the Nomination Form:
- Proof of alumni or current enrollment status e.g. unofficial transcript
- One-page cover letter addressed to “Selection Committee”
- Resume, biography or curriculum vitae for the nominee (with complete contact information)
- Relevant content to support the nomination (narrative, articles, images, etc.)
The Black Former Student Network and Aggie Impact Gala Steering Committee are seeking nominations for the Aggie Impact Rising Star Award.