Honor the past. Applaud the present. Fund the future.
The Aggie Impact Gala is the culmination of wanting to celebrate all that we are, all that we have been, and ignite us for all that we still have to do and be!
Losing the Presidential Achievement Award as a scholarship specifically for students of color, never sat comfortably with me. I would often wonder what scholarships replaced those monies? Did those monies even ever get replaced?
I loved attending A&M, many of my favorite people are Aggies! I think the seed has always been there of wanting to do something to support students financially, I just needed to make the connection between celebrating our Black Former Students and raising scholarship funds for our Future Black Students while also exemplifying Excellence for our current students!
What would an event look like that could reunite us in College Station as one body of Black Former Students?
We decided on the name IMPACT. This event is a celebration of Excellence. The Spirit that can never be told. The Texas A&M 12th Man. And the heart that is Aggieland!
In 2019, we exceeded our fundraising goal and sold out our venue at 300 guests. In 2021, we showed up and showed out and SOLD OUT our event to celebrate with more than 500 Aggies, family, friends and supporters! 2022 became the 3rd year of this event, which makes us an Official Aggie Tradition! We celebrated among 600 Aggies, family, and friends!
Since the original endowed scholarship that fully funded in 2020, all of us working together have:
- Provided 3 students 4 year scholarships to Texas A&M
- Created an avenue for direct to student support
- Provided emergency funding for students in need of dire financial assistance
- Created a movement of philanthropy that has united and engaged Black Former Students around the country
- Given current students hope, inspiration and mentorship
- Launched an app to connect Black Former Students to one another and strengthen ties to our university Texas A&M
- Raised awareness of the rich diversity and strength of the Texas A&M community
This Gala is an example of what happens when we follow God's lead, listen for His nudges and recognize we have the power to create and the ability to do for ourselves. We are givers, we’ve always been philanthropists -- sewing into one another and sharing resources. We are creators. We are connectors. We are believers in God, one another and the power of the Aggie spirit.
With gratitude ,
Erica Davis-Rouse ‘95